Baltimore Comic Con 2011

If you happen to be here from the CGC message boards, bad news. This is the same thing I wrote on there…just copy and pasted to here. If you are not here from the CGC boards, mazel tov! Enjoy the post.

And it was ~*fantastic*~!

My convention weekend started Friday morning when I went down to the con center to check in on a booth I was working at. I always love seeing cons as they are setting up, it’s such an exciting atmosphere. After hanging around and basically did nothing but watch for no real good reason, I rolled out. Went to the Ravens game that night, and then a birthday party, and since I didn’t hear of any forum dinner, I managed to go home and sleep for roughly 2-3 hours.

I got back to the con center SUPER early on Saturday with a guy I was working with that weekend. We opened up, fixed a few things, and I aimlessly walked around. It was actually pretty boring until people started showing up, so thank goodness for iPads. Once the con started, it got crowded. Quick. There were points where I couldn’t move at all, but that’s not a bad thing. The line to get into the show seemed to move fast. I changed into my costume and walked around with my friend L.J handing out flyers for the shop. Since he was dressed up as Thor, we didn’t move quickly through the con center.

I saw lots of people I knew, from all over.  There were a lot of nice books, and I know a few people who got pretty amazing deals on some pretty amazing books. I did see Stan Lee walk around with security a few times, so now I can say that I’ve seen Stan Lee walking. Fantastic. The artist alley was where I spent all of my money. There were some quality artists selling some amazing pieces of art. I picked up a few things on Sunday, and I plan to frame a few of them. I did buy an Owly book, and got Andy Runton to sign it, and he drew a quick sketch of Owly on the inside cover! I also got sketches from Dan Parent and Steve Conley, which all look fantastic! I got to meet Adam Hughes, and watch my friend Andrea fangirl over him. It was really cute, and I love her dearly.

After stalking Han, I ended the day by loitering by the booth I was working for. Once we were all closed up, I left with my friend Andrea and Pat. We got dinner, he left, and her and I and about 20 people I know all went to see KMFDM in another part in Baltimore. The show was fantastic, thanks for asking. I got home at 4:30 and went to sleep at 5am, only to wake up at 9 to go back to the show.

Sunday was MUCH slower, and not as crowded. This pleased me greatly. The booth was doing fantastic, so I only stayed for a few hours. I met a *ton* of new people, and I got to talk to a few of the artists since it was a slower day.

The show was overall great. The booth I was in did amazing in sales, and I’m super proud of them. Hopefully the convention will continue to grow more, and if that’s the case, I hope it gets moved into one of the bigger halls inside the con center, so we can all have a little bit more room. I got a few more pictures before calling it a day in order to go home and sleep.

It was a fantastic weekend. I got to see and hang out with tons of people I normally don’t see, and even though I feel like complete butt today, it was worth it. I can’t wait for next year!

And now, some pictures.


And now, some pictures from the amazing and awesome Pat!





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: